Mutton with Coconut Fry Thoran (Mutton Thenga Varutha Thoran)
Ingredients for Mutton with Coconut Fry Thoran (Mutton Thenga Varutha Thoran):
1. Mutton cut into small pieces – 200 gm
2. Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
Salt – For taste
3. Coconut – ½, scrapped
4. Oil – As required
5. Garlic chopped – 3 small spoons
Ginger chopped – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Mutton with Coconut Fry Thoran (Mutton Thenga Varutha Thoran)?
1. Marinate mutton pieces with ingredients no: 2.
2. Allow mutton to rest for next half hour.
3. Fry scrapped coconut till light golden brown.
4. Heat oil and add marinated mutton pieces.
5. Fry for a while and then cook mutton with lid closed.
6. When it’s 3/4th done, add ginger and garlic and cook again.
7. When mutton pieces are cooked well, add coconut.
8. Keep stirring till water content is fully absorbed and mutton thoran turns dry.
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine February 15-29, 2012
Read a few more mutton side dish recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.