Mutton Stew with Vegetables
Ingredients for Mutton Stew with Vegetables:
1. Mutton – 300 gm
Pepper powder – ½ small spoon
2. Coconut – 1
3. Ghee – 1 big spoon
4. Green chillies – 4, split into two or four
5. Onions – 2, cut into square pieces
6. Cardamom – 3
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – ½ inch piece
7. Ginger chopped – ½ small spoon
Garlic chopped – ½ small spoon
Coriander powder – A pinch
8. Carrot – 1, sliced in round shapes
Green peas – 4 big spoons
Potato – 1, cut into square pieces
Salt – For taste
9. Pepper crushed – ½ small spoon
Garam masala powder – 1 pinch
Coriander leaves chopped – 1 small spoon
Cashews – 5, soaked and ground to a smooth paste adding a little coconut milk
How to prepare Mutton Stew with Vegetables?
1. Wash mutton, apply pepper powder and marinate it.
2. Keep it aside for half an hour.
3. Extract 1.5 cups of 1st and 1 cup 2nd milk from coconut.
4. Heat ghee in a pan, sauté green chillies and keep aside.
5. In the remaining ghee, sauté onions and keep aside.
6. If needed, add a little more ghee and sauté ingredients no: 6.
7. Add ingredients no: 7 to it and sauté it.
8. When raw smell goes out and contents are well fried, add mutton, salt and vegetables.
9. Sauté the contents for a while and add second extract of coconut milk.
10. Also add fried onions and green chillies.
11. Transfer the contents to a cooker and cook well.
12. Mix ingredients no: 9 in the first extract of coconut milk.
13. When pressure drops to zero, open the cooker and add the above coconut milk.
14. When it starts boiling, put off the flame.
15. You can also garnish the dish with a few cashews, green chillies and coriander leaves fried in ghee.
16. You can serve it with any main course dish of your choice.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022
Also read: Simple Mutton Stew Recipe
Also read a few more mutton recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.