Ingredients for Minced Fish:
1. Fish – 1 kg, cut into small pieces
2. Pot tamarind – 4 cloves
Salt – For taste
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Water – ½ glass
3. Coconut oil – As needed
4. Onion – ½ kg, chopped
Ginger – 1 piece, chopped fine
Garlic – 10 cloves, chopped fine
Green chillies – 10, chopped fine
5. Pepper powder – 1 small spoon
6. Capsicum – Red, yellow and green one each, cut into small pieces
How to prepare Minced Fish?
1. Add ingredients to fish pieces and half cook it.
2. Once it cools, take the pieces only and smash it using hands.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan and sauté ingredients no: 4.
4. When onions turn light pink colour add fish and sauté again.
5. When minced fish begins to turn crisp, add pepper powder and mix it.
6. Check salt, add capsicum pieces and mix well.
7. Just before the colour of capsicum changes, put off the flame.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine December 15-31, 2018
Read a few more fish curry recipes here: