Methi Leaf Sambar (Uluva Cheera Sambar)
Ingredients for Methi Leaf Sambar (Uluva Cheera Sambar):
1. Sambar dal (Toor dal) – 1 cup
2. Potatoes – 2
Tomatoes – 4
3. Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
4. Methi leaves plucked and cleaned – ½ bundle
5. Tamarind juice – ¼ cup
Sambar powder – 2.5 small spoons
6. Curry leaves – 2 stalks
Asafoetida powder – ½ small spoon
Jaggery – 1 small piece
7. Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
8. Mustard – ½ small spoon
How to prepare Methi Leaf Sambar (Uluva Cheera Sambar)?
1. Cook dal and smash well.
2. Remove skin of potatoes and cut into small pieces.
3. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Take a little water in a container and add salt to it.
5. When water boils, add potatoes, tomatoes, methi leaves and ingredients no: 5 to it.
6. Cook the ingredients well.
7. When potatoes are well cooked, add dal to it and blend well the mixture.
8. If you need extra water, add a little more.
9. Add ingredients no: 6 to it, mix well and take off the flame when the contents boil well.
10. Sputter mustard seeds in oil and pour to your curry.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2016
Also read a few more leafy vegetable dishes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.