Malabar Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Malabar Chicken Curry:
1. Chicken pieces – 1 kg
2. Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
3. Curry leaves – 2 handfuls
Shallots chopped – 200 gm
4. Dried red chillies – 100 gm
Coriander – 100 gm
Ginger chopped – 100 gm
Garlic chopped – 100 gm
5. Coconut – 1
6. Onion – ½ kg
7. Green chillies – 10
8. Tomato – ¼ kg
9. Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
10. Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
11. Shallots – 10
Curry leaves – a handful
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
12. Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
How to prepare Malabar Chicken Curry?
- Cut chicken to 8 pieces.
- Heat 2 big spoon oil in a pan. Sauté shallots and curry leaves.
- Add all ingredients to it and sauté again. When it’s almost done, add scrapped coconut and fry again.
- When coconut becomes red-light brown colour, take it from flame. When it’s cooled well grind it by adding water.
- Heat pan and add sliced onion. Add split green chillies as well. When green chillies change their colour, add chopped tomatoes and cook well.
- When it’s fully dried and onion changes its colour to brown add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add coconut gravy with sufficient water. Add chicken pieces as well. Cook in low flame with closed lid. Stir occasionally.
- Heat oil again and fry shallots and curry leaves. Then add 1 tsp chili powder and add fry for a few seconds. Add cooked chicken with thick gravy to it and stir well.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.
Note: You can use mutton also, for this preparation, instead of chicken.
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.
(Visited 196 times, 1 visits today)