Koon Ulli Kurumulak Fry (Mushroom-Shallots-Pepper Fry)
Ingredients for Koon Ulli Kurumulak Fry (Mushroom-Shallots-Pepper Fry):
1. Button mushroom – 150 gm
2. Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
Coriander powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – For taste
3. Rice powder – 2 small spoons
4. Coconut oil – As required
5. Shallots chopped lengthwise – 50 gm
Garlic chopped – 1 small spoon
Ginger chopped – 1 small spoon
Curry leaves – 4 nos.
6. Pepper crushed – 1 big spoon
How to prepare Koon Ulli Kurumulak Fry (Mushroom-Shallots-Pepper Fry)?
1. Clean mushrooms and split into two halves each.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2 and marinate mushrooms using half of the mixture.
3. Add rice powder and salt and mix well.
4. Allow it to rest for a while and deep fry in hot oil.
5. Heat oil in a pan, and sauté ingredients no: 5.
6. When shallots are well sauted, add the remaining masala powder and sauté it well.
7. When the bad odour leaves, add fried mushroom and crushed pepper seeds
8. Mix the ingredients well and take off the flame.
9. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, May 1-14
Read a few more Mushroom recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.