Kaliyadaykka for Vishu
Ingredients for Kaliyadaykka for Vishu:
1. Parboiled rice (Puzhukkalari) – 1.5 cups
2. Coconut scrapped – ¾ cup
Cumin seeds – 2 small spoons
Salt – For taste
3. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Kaliyadaykka for Vishu?
1. Wash rice and soak it adding sufficient water.
2. Drain rice from water and grind it to a fine paste adding ingredients no: 2. Never add water.
3. Make small balls from this dough.
4. Deep fry these balls in hot oil till they turn crispy and golden brown.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 1-14, 2020
Also read a few all-purpose flour (maida) snack dishes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.