Filled Banana Fry (Pazham Nirapori)
Banana gives energy and protein and its snack also provides memory power. It’s a healthy snack for kids.
Ingredients for Filled Banana Fry (Pazham Nirapori):
1. Big sized Kerala banana (Ethapazham) – 1
2. Rice flakes soaked – 2 big spoons
Jaggery scrapped – 1 big spoon
Sesame seeds – 2 small spoons
Cardamom crushed – 3
Dates chopped fine – 5
Raisins – 10
Cashews broken – 5
Ghee – 1 small spoon
Honey – 1 small spoon
3. Maida – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 small spoon
Salt – A pinch
4. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Filled Banana Fry (Pazham Nirapori)?
1. Split banana into two. But its lower end should not be broken.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2 to prepare the filling.
3. Prepare batter using ingredients no: 3. Batter should not be thick, enough to pour using a big spoon.
4. Fill the banana using the filling.
5. Dip bananas in prepared batter and deep fry in hot oil.
6. You can cut bananas into two halves diagonal wise and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, March 1-14
You can read more banana snacks recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.