Rebecca Santhosh – Malayalam actress of ‘Kasthooriman’ TV series fame
Rebecca Santhosh is an actress from Thrissur, who predominantly works in Malayalam small screen. She has also done a few movies. She played child artist, character and lead roles till now and has been associated with entertainment industry since 2011 as a child artist. As an artist she made an impressive mark playing the lead role of Kavya in the popular series on Asianet, Kasthooriman since December 2017. She also co-hosts the singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Keralam aired on Zee Keralam since April 2019. At a very young age in her late teens, she became a star on small screen, and has also received a couple of awards for Kasthooriman.
Rebecca Santhosh was born in Thrissur in 1998. As a child artist she marked her acting debut with TV show, Kunjikkoonan in 2011. Same year she played an uncredited role in Malayalam movie, Thiruvambadi Thamban. After a hiatus of 5 years she returned to small screen with Mizhi Randilum in 2016, followed by Neermathalam before she bagged the lead role of Kasthooriman in 2017. The show made her a household name among Malayalam TV viewers. In 2018 she played her first lead role on big screen – Snehakkoodu. But the movie went unnoticed. Since 2018 she has been featured in TV ads of Flipkart, Lora Soaps etc. Traditional looks and cute smile have won audience’s hearts. She is pursuing Bachelor of Management Studies at Saint Theresa’s College in Ernakulam.
Rebecca Santhosh – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. She performed in a drama while studying in class 5, which gave her first break to TV shows in 2011.
2. As a lead actress she was introduced to small screen through 2016 show, Mizhi Randilum, where she portrayed a bold and short tempered girl.
3. She played a ghost named Gouri in the show, Neermathalam.
4. She has been paired with Sreeram Ramachandran for the popular show, Kasthooriman and the pair is quite popular as “Jeevya” on social media.
5. In 2017 she was ranked at position 8 in the list of ‘Kochi Times 15 Most Desirable Women on Television’.
6. She played Charu, the daughter of actress Surabhi Lakshmi in National award winning film Minnaminungu.
7. She dreams to become a cinematographer after completing graduation and a film director in future. Director Sreejith Vijayan of Kuttanadan Marpappa fame is her role model.
8. She also loves to do more work as a stage actress, as she loves open stage.
9. She is a bike rider, loves photography and is quite contrast to the mature character she plays in Kasthooriman. She dreams to go for a solo bike ride with a camera in hand.
10. Her funny lip-sync videos are trending on social media.