Ingredients for Mutton Roast:
1. Mutton – 1 kilo
2. Coconut oil – As required
3. Shallots – ½ kg, sliced
4. Chilli powder – 40-50 gm
Coriander powder – 25-30 gm
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Meat masala powder – 2 small spoons
5. Ginger paste – 2 small spoons
Garlic paste – 2 small spoons
Green chillies – 5, split lengthwise
6. Coconut – ½, made into small and thin slices
7. Coriander leaves, curry leaves – As required
How to prepare Mutton Roast?
1. Clean mutton and cut into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add shallots and a little salt and sauté the contents.
3. When it turns yellowish, add ingredients no: 4 and sauté again.
4. Add ingredients no: 5 and mix well.
5. Add coconut pieces and sauté the contents well.
6. Cook mutton in pressure cooker adding salt, turmeric powder and sufficient water.
7. After 2 whistles, put off the flame.
8. When the pressure drops to zero, open the lid and add the sauted masala.
9. Cook till two more whistles and put the flame off.
10. When the pressure drops to zero, open the lid and add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine December 10-23, 2022
Note: While using this recipe for the preparation of mutton roast, choose tender meat to get better results. Lamb of 8-10 kg should be chosen.
Read a few more mutton recipes. Visit my page.