Elephant Yam – Dates Pickle
Ingredients for Yam-Dates Pickle:
- Yam – ½ kg
- Dates – 100 gm
- Vinegar – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Green chillies finely chopped – 100 gm
- Ginger finely chopped – 50 gm
- Garlic finely chopped – 50 gm
- Pickle powder – as needed
- Oil – as required
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
How to prepare Yam-Dates Pickle?
- Clean yam using water and chop it to fine pieces. Soak it in water for a little time adding a little turmeric powder.
- Remove seeds of dates and immerse it in vinegar.
- Heat oil in a pan and sputter mustard seeds. Sauté yam till it becomes brown colour. Then add ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté again.
- When it’s done, add sufficient pickle powder, stir well and put the flame off.
- Pour vinegar-dates mixture to mixer and make a fine paste.
- Add this paste to already prepared pickle mixture and stir it well. Add vinegar if needed.
- Add sufficient salt also. Your yam-dates pickle is ready to serve.
A few more pickle recipes for you to try. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.