Meat Added Pathiri (Meat Chertha Neypathiri)
Ingredients for Meat Added Pathiri (Meat Chertha Neypathiri):
1. Meat cut into small pieces – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Salt – For taste
Ginger crushed – 1 piece
2. Coconut oil – As required
3. Scrapped coconut – ½ cup
Shallots chopped – ¼ cup
Fennel powder – ¼ small spoon
Green chillies – 3, chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves, chopped
4. Salt – For taste
5. Fried rice flour – 2 cups
6. Water – 2 cups
7. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Meat Added Pathiri (Meat Chertha Neypathiri)?
1. Cook meat along with other ingredients listed as 1 in a pressure cooker without adding water. Cook in low flame.
2. Strain the excess water content of cooked meat and prepare minced meat using a mixer.
3. Slightly fry minced meat adding a little oil.
4. Blend once in a mixer, ingredients no: 3 along with a little salt.
5. Boil 2 cups of water and add to rice flour. Mix it well.
6. Add crushed coconut mixture and minced meat to rice and knead well to prepare the dough.
7. Make lemon sized balls and spread into pooris using Pathiri press.
8. Deep fry in hot oil.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine June 15-30, 2010
Read a few more Pathiri recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.