Ashika Ranganath – Kannada film actress of ‘Crazy Boy’ and ‘Raambo 2’ fame
Ashika Ranganath is a popular actress working in Kannada film industry, best known for her works in her debut film – Crazy Boy (2016), Raambo 2 (2018) and Madhagaja (2021). Thayige Thakka Maga, Avatara Purusha, Raju Kannada Medium, Mugulu Nage, Mass Leader etc are other major works. She plays lead heroine roles on screen, a few parallel lead roles too.
Ashika Ranganath won a beauty contest during her pre-college days
Ashika hails from Hassan district, Karnataka. Her father is a Civil Contractor and her mother, a housewife. Her school education was done in Tumkur and Bangalore. While studying at Bangalore for pre-college studies, she became the runner-up of Miss Fresh Face Bangalore 2014, in Clean and Clear Fresh Face Bangalore contest. She was a runner-up of reality show – Dance Karnataka. Very soon she bagged her first film project, Crazy Boy (2016), where she was paired opposite Dilip Prakash.
Her second release, Raambo 2, a comedy thriller was a box office hit completing 100 days in theatre, and it helped her to bag more projects. She debuts Tamil cinema as a kabaddi player, a movie directed by Sarkunam. Her much anticipated project, Garuda is to release soon. Raymo and O2 are other projects.
Ashika Ranganath – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. She was nominated for Best Debutant Actress in a Leading Role Award by SIIMA, for her role in Crazy Boy.
2. She made special appearance in James and Kotigobba 3.
3. Her elder sister Anusha Ranganath is also an actress.
4. She is trained in different dance forms like freestyle, belly and western.
5. She has participated in reality shows on TV, and also won prizes for dance competitions.
6. She was a runner-up of the reality show – Dance Karnataka.