Anarkali Marikar – Malayalam film actress with ‘Aanandam’ and ‘Uyare’ to her credit
Anarkali Marikar is a budding actress from Mollywood who marked her screen debut with ‘Aanandam’ in 2016. Her supporting role as Parvathy’s friend in 2019 release, Uyare was also well-received. She played female lead opposite Asif Ali in Mandharam. Vimaanam, Janaki Jaane, Sulaikha Manzil, B 32 Muthal 44 Vare and a guest appearance in Marconi Mathai are her other releases. She plays titular role in a movie titled – Amala.
Anarkali Marikar hails from Kochi and was born on 8 February 1997. Her father Nias Marikar is a photographer, and mother is a social activist. Anarkali completed her graduation in Mass communication at Mar Ivanios College in Thiruvananthapuram. She received the offer for her debut film Aanandham through Anend C. Chandran, photographer of the movie, and her elder sister’s friend too. She played Gauri in Vimaanam. Though the movie received positive reviews, it was not a big commercial success. She played her first lead role through Mandharam, which was a box office flop. As an actress her supporting role in Uyare is her most memorable role up-to-date.
Anarkali Marikar – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. Her mother Laly P. M played a brief role in 2019 movie, Kumbalangi Nights. She appeared as the mother of four brothers, associated with religious activities.
2. Her elder sister Lakshmi Marikar has starred as a child artist in Mammootty starrer No. 1 Snehatheeram Bangalore North. She played the child character Anumol.
3. Before she marked her screen debut, she has been offered a role in Nee-Naa, which she declined to concentrate on to her studies.
4. Though she had good screen presence in Uyare as Parvathy’s friend, she doesn’t share any combination scene with Asif Ali. Earlier they worked together in Mandharam.
5. Dance, music and drawing are her interests other than acting.
6. She appeared in a swimsuit photo, which she posted in her social media handle in March 2019. She received both criticism and support from fans.
7. Though she is only a few films old, she is known for speaking her mind about various issues. She is also known to be a bold woman in the industry.