Rajisha Vijayan – Malayalam actress who won state award for best actress for debut film
Rajisha Vijayan is a very talented actress and promising young star belonging to Malayalam cinema. Her heart touching role of Elizabeth (Eli) in her debut film – Anuraga Karikkin Vellam earned her the most prestigious state award for best actress. She has been a very successful TV host before foraying into films. 100% love, Ladies Only, Uggram Ujjwalam, Manassinikkare and Surya Challenge are some of her popular shows which she hosted. She is a bit choosy about her films and in 2019 she earned critical acclaim and box office success for her movie, June.
Rajisha Vijayan hails from Perambra, Kozhikode. She was born in 1992. She completed graduation in Mass Communication and Journalism at Amity University, Noida. Athletics, dancing and theatre are among her favourites. She joined Surya Television as a TV host in 2013 and after three years of active career in television, she joined films in 2016. Ugram Ujwalam, a talent show made her a popular anchor among TV viewers. After marking her debut with Anuraga Karikkin Vellam in 2016 opposite Asif Ali, she played female lead opposite Dileep in Georgettan’s Pooram. June, Oru Cinemakkaran, Stand Up, Finals etc are a few more works.
Rajisha Vijayan – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. Her father worked in Indian army and her mother is a teacher. She has one younger sister, Anjusha.
2. She lived in Delhi for 4 years while doing her journalism course.
3. As an anchor she worked with Surya Television, Mazhavil Manorama and a few more channels.
4. She loves to play a grey shaded character on screen with both positive and negative shades.
5. She had to cut her lengthy hair to portray a plus-two student for June. The film passes through different phases of a girl’s life and her school life and romance.
6. To reduce weight for the movie, June she frequently visited a gym without taking any proper food control. She reduced 9 kgs.
7. While film shooting of June was going on, the film set was completely destroyed by floods which wrecked the whole state in 2018.
8. She doesn’t like cooking and driving.