Diana Penty – Bollywood actress of ‘Cocktail’ fame
Diana Penty is a seasonal actress of Bollywood cinema, best known for her debut flick, ‘Cocktail’ released in 2012. She starred aside Deepika Padukone and Saif Ali Khan in this flick, and her work was widely appreciated. Yet she took a break of 4 years before she returned to Bollywood with yet another hit film, Happy Bhag Jayegi. She also played an extended cameo in its sequel, Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi in 2018. She played female lead in box office hit – Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran and flop – Lucknow Central in 2018. Thus most of her films in a lead role have become box office hits. She also owns a successful career in the field of modelling.
Diana Penty was born in Mumbai in 1985. Her modelling career began in 2005 when she sent her photos to Elite Models India, and got modelling offers. As she was studying then, she worked as a part-time model. Initially worked with Elite Models India, she later accepted many other modelling offers and also became a ramp model for many leading designers of the country. She also appeared in print ads of leading brands like Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri, Parachute and Westside, and also featured in cover page of many magazines. She also established herself as a leading between 2008 and 2010 when she appeared as a ramp model in fashion weeks in Paris and New York.
Diana Penty – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. After making an impressive debut in 2012, she did her second film in 2016, and the comedy flick Happy Bhag Jayegi also met with box office success. In both these films she played a traditional girl with next-door looks.
2. She was in search of an interesting story after Cocktail, and it took long 4 years.
3. She was born to a Parsi father and a Christian mother.
4. She has been featured as a cover model of Indian magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Verve, Grazia, Femina etc.
5. She was nominated at Filmfare awards in Best Female Debut category (for Cocktail).
6. She was Grazia Face of the Year in 2013.
7. The lead role of ‘Rockstar’ was initially offered to Diana. But due to her modelling commitments she couldn’t accept the project, and later Nargis Fakri marked her debut with this movie.
8. She made her debut in Cannes Film Festival in 2019.