Ingredients for Wheat Soup:
1. Wheat flour – 1 cup
2. Meat with bones – 250 gm
3. Water – 1 cup
Ginger chopped lengthwise – 2 small spoons
Celery chopped fine – 4 small spoons
Coriander leaves chopped – A handful
Garlic crushed – 2 small spoons
4. Ghee – 1 small spoon
5. Noodles cooked – 50 gm
How to prepare Wheat Soup?
1. Heat a pan and fry wheat flour till it turns light red colour, and a smell of fried flour comes out.
2. Cook meat along with ingredients no: 3 in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes and strain it.
3. Remove bones from meat and tear it to small pieces. You will get almost 1 cup meat this way.
4. Filter the wheat flour and add to soup.
5. Mix it well and place in flame.
6. Cook the mixture till it turns almost thick. It should have the consistency of dosa flour.
7. Add ghee and mix the contents well.
8. Add meat and cooked noodles and serve hot.
Note: You can also add carrot, beans and green peas to this soup to enhance taste.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2018