Ingredients for Wheat Halwa:
1. Ghee – 1 cup
2. Wheat powder – 1 cup
3. Sugar – ½ cup
4. Water – 1.5 cups
5. Almonds chopped fine – 2 small spoons
How to prepare Wheat Halwa?
1. Pour ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
2. When ghee heats up, add wheat powder and fry till brown colour.
3. Add sugar and water and stir continuously.
4. When halwa thickens, transfer it to a greased plate.
5. Decorate with almond pieces.
6. Cut into desired pieces, once your halwa cools.
Courtesy: Vanitha magazine July 1-14, 2010
My Tip: Add a little cardamom powder in the final stage, to enhance the taste of your wheat halwa.
Read a few more delicious sweet halwa recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.