West Lake Soup
Ingredients for West Lake Soup:
1. Minced beef / White fleshy fish – 225 gm
2. Crystal salt – As required
Light soya sauce – 1 big spoon
Rice wine – 2 big spoons
3. Chicken stock – 6 cups
Corn flour – 5 big spoons mixed in ¼ cup water
4. White yolk – 4, beaten
5. White pepper powder – ¼ small spoon
6. Coriander leaves chopped – 1.25 cups
How to prepare West Lake Soup?
1. Mix ingredients no: 2 with meat/fish, marinate it and keep aside.
2. In a sauce pan, mix chicken stock and corn flour and boil in medium flame.
3. When it starts to thicken, reduce the flame.
4. Add marinated fish/meat pieces to it, stir it gently (in the case of fish) and cook it well.
5. Add white yolk and using 2 chopsticks gently stir for approximate 30 seconds in circular motions.
6. When white yolk sets well, take off from flame and add white pepper powder and salt.
7. Decorate with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2018