Vendakka Thakkali Ularth (Okra – Tomato Dry Fry)
Ingredients for Vendakka Thakkali Ularth (Okra – Tomato Dry Fry):
1. Oil – ½ cup
2. Okra – 1/4kg, cut into 1-inch round pieces
3. Mustard – 1 small spoon
Cumin seeds – ½ small spoon
4. Onions – 1, chopped
Green chillies – 3, chopped
5. Chilli powder – ½ small spoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
6. Tomato – 1, big cut into small pieces after removing seeds
How to prepare Vendakka Thakkali Ularth (Okra – Tomato Dry Fry)?
1. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry okra pieces.
2. Drain excess oil.
3. Remove half amount of remaining oil and sauté cumin and mustard in the remaining oil.
4. Add onions and green chillies and sauté again, followed by chilli powder and turmeric powder.
5. When a pleasant aroma comes add, add tomatoes and sauté again.
6. Add sufficient salt, mix well followed by fried okra pieces.
7. Mix your ularth well, and allow it to fry a little more. Water content should be fully absorbed.
8. Serve hot with rice.
Vanitha Magazine January 15-31, 2018
Read a few more tomato recipes belonging to different categories. Click on the images in the gallery to read.