Ingredients for Vaattu Pathal:
1. Raw rice (Pachari) – ½ kg
Salt – As required
2. Dry coconut cut into thin pieces – 3 nos.
3. Coconut oil – As needed
How to prepare Vaattu Pathal?
1. Wash rice well and soak in water for 4 hours.
2. Add salt to it and make a fine thick paste.
3. Add dry coconut pieces and mix well the ingredients.
4. Slightly heat this batter and make lemon sized balls from them.
5. In a pathiri press, place aluminum foil or plastic cover.
6. Place balls one by one inside it and cover with yet another plastic cover.
7. Press it and spread similar to very thin sized pooris.
8. Deep fry each pooris in hot oil. Flip both sides to fry till deep brown.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine June 15-30, 2010