Sweet Potato Payasam
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Payasam:
1. Cream milk – 1 litre
2. Sweet potato – 250 gm
3. Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
4. Sugar – ¼ cup
5. Saffron – A little
6. Almonds broken – 1 table spoon
How to prepare Sweet Potato Payasam?
1. Boil sweet potato and keep aside. Never over cook it.
2. Now remove the skin and grate it.
3. Heat milk in a thick bottomed pan.
4. When milk boils well, add sweet potato to it.
5. Reduce the flame and cook till payasam turns thick.
6. Soak 2 table spoons of saffron in milk.
7. Add sugar, soaked saffron and cardamom powder to the payasam.
8. Later decorate using almonds and serve.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi August 16-31, 2017
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.