Ingredients for Sev:
1. Besan (gram flour) – ½ kg
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Asafoetida powder – 1 small spoon
Yellow food colour – A pinch
Salt, water – As required
2. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Sev?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 1 to prepare the batter for sev.
2. The batter should be thick consistency, similar to idiyappam’s.
3. Transfer the batter to idiyappam maker.
4. Heat oil in a pan and press the batter in hot oil to prepare the sev.
5. Slightly rotate it, so that the batter falls uniformly on the surface of oil.
6. Continue the process for remaining batter too.
7. Drain off excess oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30, 2018
Read a few more gram flour snack recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.