Ingredients for Rice Wine:
1. Raw rice (Pachari) – 1.5 cups
2. Sugar – 2.5 kg
3. Raisins – 1.5 cups
4. Yeast – 4 small spoons
5. Lemon juice – 4 big spoons
6. Water – 8 bottles
How to prepare Rice Wine?
1. Mix together all the ingredients and transfer the contents to a container (bharani).
2. Close the lid tightly and keep in safe storage for 18 days without shaking.
3. Every day, stir the contents once.
4. Then keep 7 days without shaking or stirring.
5. Filter the contents and transfer the wine to clean glass containers.
6. Once in every month, you should filter the wine, and also remove the residue that settles at bottom.
7. If you continue the process for next 4 months, you will get crystal clear wine.
8. You can serve your wine chilled for your special party or Christmas night dinner.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, January 1-15, 2018