Rambutan Fruit Payasam
Ingredients for Rambutan Fruit Payasam:
1. Rambutan – 1 kg
2. Arrow root powder – 25 gm
3. Jaggery – 400 gm
4. Coconut – 4
5. Ghee – 50 gm
6. Honey – 50 milli
How to prepare Rambutan Fruit Payasam?
1. Extract 1 cup of 1st milk from coconut and 1 litre of second milk.
2. Remove the skin of rambutan, and extract the flesh white part.
3. Cut into small pieces.
4. Heat jaggery in another thick bottomed pan or urli, melt it and extract the solution.
5. Boil this jaggery solution once again.
6. Mix arrow root powder with second extract of coconut milk and add to this jaggery solution. If not, arrow root flour sticks to the bottom of pan.
7. Allow the contents to boil well.
8. Add rambuttan pieces, mix well and put off the flame.
9. Add first extract of coconut milk, honey and ghee.
10. Allow the contents to cool off and mix well.
11. Refrigerate for half an hour and serve chilled.
Courtesy: Grahalakshmi Magazine, 2017 August 16-31