Potatoes with Cauliflower
Ingredients for Potatoes with Cauliflower:
1. Potatoes – 450 gm
2. Cauliflower – 400 gm
3. Vegetable oil – 2 big spoons
4. Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
5. Green chillies chopped fine – 2
6. Cumin powder – 1 small spoon
Coriander powder – 1 small spoon
Kashmiri chilli powder – ¼ small spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 small spoon
Salt – For taste
7. Coriander leaves – To decorate
How to prepare Potatoes with Cauliflower?
1. Clean potatoes and cut into small square pieces.
2. Boil potato pieces in hot water for 10 minutes and allow the water to fully evaporate.
3. Clean cauliflowers and separate into small florets.
4. Heat a pan, and heat oil.
5. Add cumin seeds and sauté it.
6. Add chopped chillies and fry for 1 minute, followed by cauliflower florets.
7. Add ingredients no: 6 and fry cauliflower for 5 minutes.
8. Add potatoes and a little water and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes.
9. Take off from flame and decorate with coriander leaves.
10. You can serve with chapattis, and use tomato salad, onion salad or any pickle as side dish.
Note: You can prepare the same dish, substituting cauliflower with broccoli.
Courtesy: Vanitha magazine July 1-14, 2010
Read a few more cauliflower recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.