Pori Laddu (Puffed Rice Laddu)
Pori – Puffed rice is given as Prasad in Kerala temples. It’s similar to popcorn and is prepared by heating rice in a sand-filled oven. Puffed rice can be used to prepare many sweet dishes, and here is one easy recipe. You need to spare only a few minutes for its preparation.
Ingredients for Pori Laddu (Puffed Rice Laddu):
1. Pori (Puffed rice) – 100 gm
2. Coconut – 1, scrapped
3. Banana small type (Palayankodan) – 4
4. Jaggery – 1 cup
5. Honey – 1 spoon
6. Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
7. Raisins – 1 spoon (optional)
8. Coconut water – ½ cup (optional)
How to prepare Pori Laddu (Puffed Rice Laddu)?
1. Mix and blend well all ingredients listed from 1 to 8.
2. Make small balls from this sweet mixture to prepare Pori Laddus.
You can read a few more laddu recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.