Passion Fruits Payasam
Ingredients for Passion Fruits Payasam:
1. Passion fruit – 10
2. Jaggery – 400 gm
3. Coconut – 4
4. Ghee – 25 gm
5. Condensed milk – 50 milli
6. Sugar – 25 gm
How to prepare Passion Fruits Payasam?
1. Extract 1 cup of 1st milk from coconut and 1 litre of second milk.
2. Cut passion fruit and extract the seeds and juice.
3. Add 25 gm sugar to it and make a fine paste using a mixer.
4. Heat jaggery in a thick bottomed pan or urli, melt it and extract the solution.
5. Boil the jaggery solution once again.
6. Add passion fruit paste and ghee to it and mix well.
7.Cook the contents till it thickens and add second extract of coconut milk.
8. Boil the contents and continue cooking till your passion fruit payasam thickens.
9. Put off the flame and add first extract of coconut milk.
10. Add condensed milk also and mix it well.
11. Allow your payasam to cool off before you serve.
Note: Passion fruit payasam is quite different from other desserts in taste. Slightly sour taste makes it an entirely different sweet payasam. If you want, you can add cardamom powder and cumin powder.
Courtesy: Grahalakshmi Magazine, 2017 August 16-31