Passion Fruit Sago Payasam
Ingredients for Passion Fruit Sago Payasam:
1. Sago – ¼ cup
2. Passion fruit pulp – 1 cup
3. Almonds – 5
4. Milk – 2 cups
5. Sugar – 4 big spoons
Condensed milk – 2 big spoons
Cardamom powder – 1 small spoon
Ghee – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Passion Fruit Sago Payasam?
1. Soak sago for 15 minutes and cook it well adding sufficient water.
2. Blend passion fruit pulp in a mixer and filter it.
3. Then boil it well and cook it till it turns thick. Keep aside.
4. Soak almonds in hot water and remove its outer skin.
5. In a thick bottomed pan, boil milk and add cooked sago. Keep stirring.
6. When contents turn thick, add ingredients no: 5 and cook again.
7. When contents turn hick, add passion fruit pulp and take off from flame.
8. Decorate with almonds, sliced thin.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 15-30, 2017
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.