Ingredients for Paalkova:
1. Milk – 8 cups
2. Sugar – 2 cups
3. Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
4. Almonds chopped – A little
How to prepare Paalkova?
1. Heat milk in medium flame in a thick bottomed pan.
2. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame.
3. When milk boils again, dip a small vessel inside the pan to prevent milk from further boiling.
4. Keep boiling the milk in low flame till it reduces to 1/4th.
5. Add sugar to it and stir continuously.
6. When it thickens again, take off from flame.
7. Add cardamom powder, mix well and spread almonds on top.
8. When it cools, paalkova thickens a little more.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi Magazine April 1-15, 2018