Okra Podi Fry
Ingredients for Okra Podi Fry:
1. Okra – 450 gm, sliced into 1 cm thickness
2. Water- 4 big spoons
3. Corn flour – ½ cup
Maida – 3 big spoons
Salt and pepper – As required
4. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Okra Podi Fry?
1. Transfer okra pieces to a bowl, sprinkle a little water and stir it once.
2. Transfer ingredients no: 3 to a zip-lock bag and mix well.
3. Add okra pieces to it and mix well.
4. The batter should fully wrap okra pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. When it turns smoky, deep fry okra pieces.
7. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to bottom.
8. Cook okras till it’s done.
9. Okra should be in green colour, and its coating in golden yellow colour.
10. Now remove okra pieces from oil and place in tissue paper to remove excess oil.
11. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30, 2018
Read a few more deep fry vegetable side dishes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.