Nutty Butterscotch Pudding
Ingredients for Nutty Butterscotch Pudding:
1. Corn flour – 3 big spoons
Cold milk – 3 big spoons
2. Sugar – 1.5 cups
3. Boiled milk – 3 cups
4. Egg yellow – From 3 eggs
5. Butter – 2 big spoons
6. Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
7. White yolk – From 3 eggs
8. Sugar powdered – 3 big spoons
Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
9. Cashew nuts – ¼ cup, soaked in water
Sugar – 1 big spoon
Butter – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Nutty Butterscotch Pudding?
1. Pre-heat oven in 180 degree celsious.
2. Mix corn flour with cold milk.
3. Heat sugar in a thick bottomed pan, and cook till it turns dark brown colour. Take off from flame.
4. Add hot milk and mix slowly till sugar melts completely.
5. Beat yellow yolk of eggs, and add milk mixture slowly to it. Mix the contents well.
6. Add corn flour mixture too, and butter and mix the contents well.
7. Using double boiling method, boil the contents by placing above boiling water and allow it to thicken (similar to custard).
8. Take off from the flame and add vanilla essence to it.
9. Grease a baking dish and pour this mixture to it.
10. Beat white yolk and then add sugar little by little. Beat the contents well.
11. Add vanilla essence to it and spread it on the top of custard mixture in the baking tray.
12. Bake it in pre-heated oven till the upper surface turns light brown.
13. When you take it from oven, allow it to cool for a while.
14. Place in refrigerator to chill it.
15. In a heated pan, add ingredients no: 9.
16. Mix the contents well and wait till sugar melts completely.
17. Nuts should turn light brown.
18. Take off from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
19. Pour on the top of the refrigerated pudding just before you serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 15-31, 2018
Read a few more pudding sweet dessert recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read