Mississippi Mud Pie
Ingredients for Mississippi Mud Pie:
To prepare pie:
1. Maida – 380 gm
Coco powder – 2 big spoons
2. Butter – 140 gm
3. Sugar powdered – 1 big spoon
Cold water – 1 or 2 big spoons
To prepare filling:
4. Butter – 175 gm
Brown sugar – 1.75 cups
5. Eggs – 4, beaten slowly
Coco powder – 4 big spoons
6. Semi-sweet chocolate – 150 gm melted
7. Cream – 1.25 cups
8. Heavy cream – 2 cups, beaten
Chocolate pieces and curls – A little each
How to prepare Mississippi Mud Pie?
1. Blend together ingredients no: 1 in a bowl.
2. Using fingers mix them well.
3. When it turns bread crumbs-like, add sugar and sufficient water and prepare soft batter.
4. Wrap it using a cling film, and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Pre-heat oven in 190 degrees.
6. Take a tart pan with 9-inch width or ceramic dish and sprinkle a little flour.
7. Transfer the batter to the dish and line it.
8. Place a butter paper on its top and fill with dry peas/green gram.
9. Bake the pie in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
10. Take pie from oven and remove peas and butter paper.
11. Then bake the tart shells for 10 more minutes.
12. Once you take them from oven, place them in a wire rack and allow to cool.
13. To prepare filling, beat well butter and brown sugar.
14. Add cocoa powder and eggs little by little and mix well.
15. Finally add melted chocolate, and beat well.
16. Mix with cream also.
17. Reduce the flame of oven to 160 degree celsious.
18. Transfer the chocolate mixture to pastry shell (prepared pie) and bake for 45 more minutes.
19. The mixture should fully set.
20. When it cools, transfer it to serving plate. Place whipped cream on its top.
21. Decorate with chocolate, refrigerate it and serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30, 2018
Read a few more cakes & bakes recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read