Meen Porichath (Fish Fry)
Ingredients for Meen Porichath (Fish Fry):
1. Fish washed and cut into small pieces – 1 kg
2. Chilli powder – 2 big spoons
Shallots – 20 nos.
Garlic – 8 cloves
Ginger chopped – 1 small spoon
Salt – As needed
Fennel seeds fried – 1 small spoon
3. Coconut oil – For frying
4. Rice powder – 4 small spoons
How to prepare Meen Porichath (Fish Fry)?
1. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2.
2. Marinate fish pieces using this gravy, and allow it to rest for next half hour.
3. Deep fry fish in hot oil, as two or more sets.
4. Strain the oil using a strainer. Keep the residue aside.
5. Take two small spoon of oil and pour back to the pan.
6. When it heats, add rice flour and fry in medium flame.
7. Add the residue (after filtering the oil) little by little and mix again.
8. Add fried chicken pieces, mix well and put off the flame.
9. Prepare onion salad and serve it with rice or any main course dish of your choice.
10. Fish pieces get a fine coat of rice flour, and your fish fry tastes nice.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14, 2018