Meen-Maanga Avial (Fish-Mango Avial)
Ingredients for Meen-Maanga Avial (Fish-Mango Avial):
1. Fish with thick flesh – ½ kg
2. Green mangoes – 2
3 .Drum stick – 2
4. Coconut – 1
Green chillies – 4
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Curry leaves – 5 leaflets
Salt – For taste
5. Water – 1.5 cups
6. Coconut oil – 3 big spoons
How to prepare Meen-Maanga Avial (Fish-Mango Avial)?
1. Remove skin of mangoes and cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Cut drum stick also to 2-inch pieces, similar to mangoes.
3. Blend well ingredients no: 4 in a mixer for gravy.
4. Take an urli, and add fish, mango and drumstick.
5. Add gravy along with water and cook fish with lid closed.
6. It needs almost half hour for fish and vegetables to get well cooked.
7. Open the lid and boil your avial till it thickens.
8. Add coconut oil, and allow avial to turn almost dry.
9. Put off the flame.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 15-31, 2016
Click to read a few green mango recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.