Mango – Passion Fruit Payasam
Ingredients for Mango – Passion Fruit Payasam:
1. Basmati rice – 150 gm
2. Ghee – 5 small spoons
3. Cashews -20 gm
Black raisins – 20 gm
4. Milk – 1 litre
5. Mango fruit made to a fine paste – 200 gm
Rock candy (Kalkandam) – 300 gm
6. Pulp of passion fruit without seed – 100 milli
How to prepare Mango – Passion Fruit Payasam?
1. Blend rice using a mixer. It should not be powdered.
2. Heat ghee and fry raisins and cashews and keep aside.
3. In the remaining ghee, fry rice and then add milk.
4. Allow the contents to boil.
5. When rice is half cooked, add mango paste and rock candy, and boil the contents well.
6. When rice is well cooked, add passion fruit juice.
7. Mix well the ingredients and put the flame off.
8. Transfer the payasam to serving bowl, and sprinkle a little fried cashews and raisins.
9. Decorate with mango pieces and passion fruit pulp and serve.
Note: Take the passion fruit pulp in a strainer and squeeze well to get juice.
You can substitute rock candy with sugar.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2016
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.