Maanga Achar (Mango Pickle)
Ingredients for Maanga Achar (Mango Pickle):
1. Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
2. Curry leaves – 1 stalk
3. Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Asefoitida powder – ¼ small spoon
Mustard dal (or crushed mustard) – 1 small spoon
4. Green mango cut into small square pieces – 1 cup
Sugar – A pinch
How to prepare Maanga Achar (Mango Pickle)?
1. Mix a little salt with green mango pieces and keep aside for a while.
2. Heat oil and add curry leaves. Put the flame off.
3. Then add ingredients no: 3 and mix it well.
4. Add mango and sugar to it.
5. Mix well, check salt and add extra if needed.
6. You can serve after that.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 1-14, 2018
Read a few more pickle vegetarian recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.