Long Beans Thoran (Achinga Payar Thoran)
Ingredients for Long Beans Thoran (Achinga Payar Thoran):
1. Coconut oil – As needed
2. Mustard – ¼ small spoon
Curry leaves – 6 nos:
Red chillies – 2, chopped
3. Long beans (Achinga Payar) chopped – 2 cups
4. Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
5. Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
Cumin seeds – A little
Green chillies chopped – 2
Shallots – 3
Curry leaves – A stalk
6. Salt – For preparation
How to prepare Long Beans Thoran (Achinga Payar Thoran)?
1. Heat oil and sauté ingredients no: 2.
2. Add long beans and sauté for a while.
3. Add a little water and turmeric powder, and mix well and reduce the flame.
4. Close the lid and cook the contents in low flame.
5. Crush ingredients no: 5 and add to long beans.
6. Add salt and sauté once again.
7. Close the lid and cook for a few more minutes.
8. Add a little more oil, mix well and take of the flame.
9. Your thoran should turn almost dry.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 1-14, 2018
Read a few more vegetarian thoran recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.