Ingredients for Kosambari:
1. Cherupayar paripp (Green gram dal) – ½ cup
2. Salad cucumber – 1, medium sized cut into fine pieces after removing skin
Coconut scrapped – 3 big spoons
Green chillies – 2, chopped into very fine pieces
Coriander leaves chopped into fine pieces – 2 small spoons
3. Oil – 1 small spoon
4. Mustard – ½ small spoon
5. Asafoetida powder – A pinch
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
6. Salt – As required
Lemon juice – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Kosambari?
1. Soak green gram daal in water for 1-2 hours.
2. Drain the water fully and transfer it to a serving bowl.
3. Mix the daal with ingredients no: 2.
4. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
5. Add Asafoetida powder and curry leaves to it, sauté it.
6. Pour it on the top of Kosambari dish and mix well.
7. Just before serving, add salt and lemon juice.
8. You can use it as a salad or eat as a substitute of rice.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14, 2017
Read a few more daal (paripp) curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.