Ingredients for Kabab-E-Fruit:
1. Strawberry cut into two halves lengthwise – 200 gm
Kiwi fruit sliced in round after removing skin – 3
Robusta fruit sliced in round pieces – 3
Watermelon cut into small square pieces – 200 gm
2. Water – ½ litre
Sugar powdered – ¼ kg
Star anise – 1
Ginger finely chopped – ½ inch piece
How to prepare Kabab-E-Fruit?
1. Take a skewer and pierce fruit pieces one after the other. If you skew it with different types of fruits alternatively, it looks attractive.
2. You can continue the process for remaining fruit pieces as well. You can also use coconut midrib (eerkkil) as skewer.
3. Take a sauce pan, add ingredients no: 2 and allow it to boil.
4. When it boils well and turns sticky, filter the syrup.
5. Now pour this syrup on fruit pieces one spoon each.
Note: If kiwi fruit is not available, it can be substituted with apple. If kiwi is used, it looks very colourful.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, May 1-14, 2017.
Read a few more kabab recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.