Ilaneer-Chakka-Ada-Kadala Paripp Payasam
Ingredients for Ilaneer-Chakka-Ada-Kadala Paripp Payasam:
1. Tender coconut pieces – 100 gm
2. Rice flour – 100 gm
3. Jack fruit – 100 gm
4. Maida – 100 gm
5. Ghee – 200 gm
6. Bengal gram (Kadala Paripp) cooked and smashed – ½ kg
7. Jaggery melted – ¾ kg
8. Sago cooked – 50 gm
9. Coconut milk 1st extract – 2 cups
10. Coconut milk 2nd extract – 1.5 cups
11.Coconut pieces fried in ghee – 100 gm
12. Cashews fried in ghee – 100 gm
13. Raisins fried in ghee – 50 gm
14. Cardamom powder – 1.5 small spoons
15. Banana leaves – To prepare ada
How to prepare Ilaneer-Chakka-Ada-Kadala Paripp Payasam?
1. Make a fine paste of tender coconut and mix it with rice flour.
2. Spread it on banana leaves as a thin layer and wrap it once.
3. Immerse in boiling water and cook it well to prepare ada.
4. Cut ada to small pieces and keep aside.
5. Make a fine paste of jackfruit and mix it with maida to prepare the batter.
6. Spread in tawa as thin pancakes and cook both sides.
7. Cut these pancakes to small pieces.
8. Heat a thick bottomed urli and pour sufficient ghee.
9. Add smashed Bengal gram and sauté for 30 minutes.
10. Add jaggery solution, sago and both adas.
11. Stir continuously and cook the ingredients till they turn thick.
12. Add second extract of coconut milk and keep stirring till payasam turns thick.
13. Finally add first coconut milk, fried cashews, raisins and coconut pieces and cardamom powder.
14. Mix the contents well, and when the payasam starts to boil, take off from flame.
15. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 15-30, 2017
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.