Ingredients for Grilled Chicken:
1. Curd – 2 cup
2. Olive Oil – 2 big spoons
Lemon juice – 1 big spoon
Salt – As required
Pepper crushed – ½ to ¾ small spoon
Coriander powder – ¾ small spoon
Cumin powder – ½ to ¾ small spoon
Cinnamon powder – 1 pinch
3. Lemon juice – 1 big spoon
Salt – 1 pinch
4. Chicken breast – 4 pieces
5. Shallots chopped – 2 big spoons
Puthina leaves chopped – ½ cup
Coriander leaves chopped – ½ cup
Olive oil – 1 big spoon
How to prepare Grilled Chicken?
- Mix 1 cup curd with ingredients listed under 2, and then marinate the chicken breast pieces using this mixture. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degree Celsius.
- Mix the remaining curd with ingredients 3. This mixture is called Yogurt sauce.
- Now reduce the heat of oven from 220 to 180 degree Celsius.
- Remove the excess masala from marinated chicken pieces. Now marinate chicken with olive oil. Another way is to spread a little olive oil on grill racket.
- Cover chicken pieces using foil paper and grill it. When one side is done, flip one side to grill the other side. It takes up to 15 minutes to grill chicken this way.
- Exchange the contents to a plate and remove the foil and grill again for a few more minutes.
- Mix ingredients no: 5 in a bowl slowly. This is mint salad to be served aside grilled chicken.
- Pour a little yogurt sauce on the top of the grilled chicken and spread mint salad above.
- Grilled chicken is ready to serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-30 2017.
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.