Green Peas Rice
Ingredients for Green Peas Rice:
1. Basmati rice – 2 cups
2. Butter – 2 big spoons
3. Water – 4 cups, boiled
Salt – As required
4. Green peas – ½ cup
5. Lemon juice – From ½ lemon
Milk – 2 big spoons
6. Onions, cashews and raisins fried in ghee – To decorate
How to prepare Green Peas Rice?
1. Wash rice and drain excess oil.
2. In the thick bottomed pan, add ghee and fry rice for 5 minutes.
3. Add boiled water and salt and stir well.
4. Add green peas and wait till bubbles appear on the surface.
5.Now reduce the flame, close the lid of the pan and cook rice.
6. When water absorbs completely, add lemon juice and milk.
7. Stir well and allow the water content to fully evaporate.
8. Take off from flame.
9. Transfer green peas rice to serving plate and decorate with ingredients no: 6.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 15-31, 2018
Read a few more rice main course recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read