Goa Prawns Curry
Ingredients for Goa Prawns Curry:
1. Prawns big cleaned – ½ kg
2. Coconut scrapped – 1
3. Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
Vanaspati – 1 big spoon
4. Cinnamon – 1-inch piece
Cardamom – 4
5. Onions – 2, chopped
Green chillies – 2, end split
6. Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 big spoons
7. Chilli powder – 2 small spoons
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Cumin powder – ¼ small spoon
8. Salt – As required
Lemon juice – From ½ lemon
9. Corn flour – 1 small spoon
10. Curry leaves – As required
How to prepare Goa Prawns Curry?
1. Clean prawns and keep aside.
2. Add water to scrapped coconut and extract first, second and third coconut milk.
3. Heat coconut oil and vanaspati together and fry cinnamon and cardamom.
4. Saute onions and green chillies.
5. Before they change colour, drain from oil.
6. In the remaining oil, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it.
7. Reduce the flame and add the powders listed as 7, and fry for a while.
8. When masala smell goes, add salt, lemon juice and third extract coconut milk.
9. Add prawns and fried ingredients (which we kept aside) and cook well.
10. Add second extract coconut milk and allow to boil.
11. Mix corn flour with 1st extract of coconut milk and add to the prawns curry.
12. Also add curry leaves and heat the curry. Never bring to boil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 15-31, 2018
Read a few more prawn side dish recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read