Garden Strawberry Chocolate Cup Ice-cream
Ingredients for Garden Strawberry Chocolate Cup Ice-cream:
1. Yellow yolk – 3
Sugar – 1 cup
2. Milk – 450 milli
Corn flour – 1 small spoon
3. White chocolate grated – 1.25 cups, melted
Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
4. Whipped cream – 1 cup
To prepare Strawberry sauce:
5. Strawberry – 5 or 6, chopped fine
Water – ¼ cup
6. Sugar – 4 small spoons
7. Lemon juice – A few drops
Rose essence – A few drops
How to prepare Garden Strawberry Chocolate Cup Ice-cream?
1. Blend yellow yolk with sugar, and mix it well.
2. Add milk and corn flour to it and mix well.
3. Using double boiling method, immerse the bowl in boiling water and prepare custard.
4. When it turns thick, take off from flame and allow to cool.
5. Add melted chocolate and vanilla essence and mix it well.
6. Slowly add whip cream and mix again.
7. Place this custard in freezer for 2 hours.
8. Take it out and beat well.
9. Keep the custard in freezer for two more hours and repeat the process (beat the contents).
10. Now add strawberry sauce to it, and using a fork make designs to give a marble effect.
11. Keep it in freezer overnight (8-12 hours) so that the ice cream perfectly sets.
How to prepare Strawberry Sauce?
1. Beat strawberry pieces with water.
2. Add sugar to it and mix well.
3. Now cook the contents in low flame till it turns thick.
4. When it reaches the consistency of syrup, take off from flame and allow to cool.
5. When the content completely cools off, add lemon juice and vanilla essence.
6. Mix the contents well. Your strawberry sauce is ready.
Note: Instead of giving marble effect to ice cream using strawberry sauce, you can also set the ice cream first and then use strawberry sauce as topping just before you serve.
How to prepare Chocolate Cup?
1. Insert a piping bag inside a glass (as shown in figure) and pour melted chocolate inside it.
2. Keep a steel bowl in freezer for a while, and cover it using a plastic cover.
3. On its top, do chocolate piping which resembles the design of a beautiful flower.
4. Place it back to freezer again for 15 minutes. Allow the chocolate cup to set.
5. Remove bowl from plastic cover first.
6. Now slowly remove plastic cover from chocolate cup.
7. Cup is ready. You can use it as serving cup.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14, 2018