Ellu Payasam (Sesame Seeds Payasam)
Ingredients for Ellu Payasam (Sesame Seeds Payasam):
1. Sesame seeds – 100 gm
2. Salt-less jaggery of good quality – 200 gm
3. Ghee – 25 gm
How to prepare Ellu Payasam (Sesame Seeds Payasam)?
1. Wash sesame seeds and drain off water completely.
2. Fry sesame seeds in a thick bottomed pan.
3. When it splutters, transfer to another container and allow to cool.
4. Melt jaggery and strain it first.
5. Boil it once again and cook till turns thick.
6. Add sesame seeds and ghee and mix well.
7. Put off the flame and allow your payasam to cool.
8. If your payasam turns too thick, sesame seeds may break.
Note: Use fresh sesame seeds for this preparation
Courtesy: Grahalakshmi Magazine, 2017 August 16-31