Elephant Yam Upperi (Chena Upperi)
Ingredients for Elephant Yam Upperi (Chena Upperi):
1. Elephant yam cut into small square pieces – 1 cup
2. Salt – As needed
Turmeric powder – A little
3. Coconut oil – For frying
How to prepare Elephant Yam Upperi (Chena Upperi)?
1. Wash elephant yam pieces and immerse in water adding a little turmeric powder and salt.
2. After some time, completely drain off the water.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add elephant yam pieces little by little and deeply fry it.
4. Mix the pieces well to cook them evenly in oil.
5. Drain off the excess oil and allow to cool.
6. Transfer yam pieces to an air-tight container and store.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 1-14, 2018
Read a few more ularth and mezhukkupuratti recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.