Egg Pepper Masala
Ingredients for Egg Pepper Masala:
1. Eggs – 4
2. Oil – 2 tsp
3. Asafoetida – A pinch
Mustard – ½ tea spoon
4. Onions chopped – 2
Curry leaves – 5 nos.
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
5. Garam masala – 1 tea spoon
6. Salt – For preparation
7. Coriander leaves chopped – ½ table spoon
8. Pepper – 2 tea spoons
Cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon
Fennel seeds – 1 tea spoon
Coriander seeds – 1 tea spoon
How to prepare Egg Pepper Masala?
1. Boil eggs and allow them to cool.
2. Split them into two equal halves.
3. Heat a pan and sauté ingredients for roasting (ingredients no: 8).
4. When the contents turn light brown, take off from flame and allow the contents to cool.
5. Make a powder of the above contents using a mixer. Never make it a fine powder.
6. Heat oil in a pan and sauté asafoetida and mustard seeds.
7. Add ingredients no: 4 to it and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
8. Add the powdered masala powder to it, garam masala and fry in low flame for 1 minute.
9. Add 2 table spoons of water, salt and boiled eggs and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Eggs should be placed in such a way that the cut portion should come in direct contact with pan.
11. When water content is fully absorbed, take off from flame.
12. Decorate with coriander leaves and serve.
N.B: You can boil eggs in medium flame for 8-10 minutes. Make sure water reached boiling point before you put eggs. You can also cook eggs in pressure cooker. Wait till first whistle.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi Magazine January 16-31, 2018
Read a few delicious egg snack recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read