Egg Pathiri (Mutta Pathiri)
Ingredients for Egg Pathiri (Mutta Pathiri):
1. Maida – 2 cups
2. Water – As required
Salt – For taste
Ghee – As needed
Eggs – 4
Sugar – 2 big spoons
Cardamom powder – 1 small spoon
6. Ghee – 2 big spoons
7. Cashews broken – 50 gm
Raisins – 50 gm
Shallots – 10 – 15, chopped
8. Ghee – For frying
How to prepare Egg Pathiri (Mutta Pathiri)?
1. Knead dough for pathiri adding ingredients no: 2 to maida.
2. Make small balls out of them.
3. Spread each ball and brush ghee on its surface.
4. Fold inwards from all the four sides and spread again.
5. By spreading pathiri this way, you will get four eyes at four corners, and filling is to be done inside each eye.
6. Continue the process for rest of pathiri dough too.
7. Whip eggs adding sugar and cardamom.
8. Heat ghee and fry ingredients no: 7 one after another separately and add to egg mixture.
9. Blend this egg mixture well.
10. Deep fry eyed pathiris in hot ghee. When it’s well fried, eyes will open.
11. Now pour the egg filling to each eye and continue the process for rest pathiris.
12. Place a pan in low flame and spread each pathiri on its top. The surface of pathiri with eyes should be place down first (direct contact with hot pan).
13. When this side is fried well, flip once to fry the second side also.
14. You can cut into four pieces diagonal wise before you serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, August 1-14, 2010
You can read more Pathiri recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.