Egg in Spanish & Almond Gravy
Ingredients for Egg in Spanish & Almond Gravy:
1. Onion – 1
Garlic – 3
Ginger – ½ piece
Green chillies – 4
Almonds – 7
2. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
3. Coconut grated – ½ cup
Bay leaf (Karuva ila), cloves – 2
Couscous – 1 table spoon
Red chillies – 3
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
4. Tomato chopped – 2
5. Spinach – 1 cup
Garam masala – 1 table spoon
6. Salt and oil – As required
7. Boiled eggs – 6
8. Coriander leaves – A little
How to prepare Egg in Spanish & Almond Gravy?
1. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 1.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan and sputter cumin seeds.
3. Add gravy and sauté for three minutes.
4. Add ingredients no: 3 and sauté for three more minutes.
5. Add tomato and salt and sauté the contents till tomato pieces are well cooked.
6. Add ingredients no: 5 and sauté for 2 minutes.
7. Take off from flame and allow the contents to cool.
8. Once it’s completely cooled, make a fine paste using a mixer.
9. Cut boiled eggs into two halves, and fry them in the same pan for 2 minutes adding a little oil.
10. By doing so, the eggs will be covered by the little bit of masala left in the pan.
11. Place the fried eggs aside and pour the gravy to the pan.
12. Allow the gravy to boil well. Add salt and water as required for the gravy.
13. Transfer the eggs to a serving plate.
14. Just before you serve, pour the gravy on its top and decorate with coriander leaves.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi Magazine January 16-31, 2018
Read a few more egg curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read